If you pay attention to details, you must have noticed how the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus comes with several preloaded groups in the Contacts App. Depending on what kind of contacts you have on your phone, you might want to organize them a bit differently, and that’s where the option of managing groups on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus comes in. Never thought about it?
The beginner’s guide to using group chat on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus
If this is the first time you’re contemplating about using the groups text on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, you have to begin by knowing your options. Coming up next, we will refer to the four main actions you can initiate:
- Creating a new group;
- Adding contacts to your group;
- Sending a message to that group;
- Deleting a group.
The story goes like this: you start by creating a new group text on Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus from scratch, and you are free to add contacts to it whenever you feel like doing so. You go on using that group and texting to everyone involved and, when you’re done using that group, you can remove it altogether. Are you ready to learn more about all these?
If you want to create a group on Samsung Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus…
- Use the Apps icon on the Home Screen of the device;
- In there, select the Contacts app and open it;
- Next, navigate to and select Groups;
- Click on the option labeled as Create, to start a new Group;
- Continue the action by configuring the newly created group and adding relevant information:
- Select Device storage and all accounts, from where you’ll decide where this new group should be saved: to all accounts, to the phone’s memory, or only to a specific account that you get to select;
- Tap on the Group Name label and type in a name for the group;
- Next, tap on the Group Ringtone label to choose how you’d like the notifications from that group to sound;
- Finally, tap on the Add member label if you wish to select one or several numbers and add them as members of this group;
- When you’re done configuring the Group, hit the Done button;
- Also, use the Save button to make sure that all the options will be remembered.
If you want to add contacts to group on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus…
- Start directly with the Contacts app and select the Groups option;
- If you already have one or several different groups created, you’ll see them listed in the next window, where you can select the one you wish to edit;
- With the Group selected, hit the Edit button;
- Hit the Add member option;
- Select one or more members;
- Use the Done option followed by the Save button before you leave the settings.
If you want to send messages to a Group from Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus…
- Again, go to Contacts >> Groups and select the Group you’d like to edit;
- Use the More button;
- Select Send message;
- Select the Recipients messages icon to decide which members should get this message of yours;
- If you cannot see and select a particular contact who is certainly a part of the group, it’s because that member doesn’t have a phone number stored in the contact record’s section;
- Type your message and send it.
If you want to delete a group from Samsung Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus…
- Follow the path you’ve already learned, to get to the Groups list and select the group you wish to delete;
- Use the More option;
- Select Delete;
- Select the Group option, if you wish to delete it completely;
- Select the Group and members option, if you only wish to remove certain members.
Knowing pretty much everything there is to know on how to manage Groups on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus… There’s nothing left for you in here other than to go on and experience with everything from above!