If you recently bought yourself a Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone, you must have already noticed that there are many apps and services running on it that would require you to create an account and register it on your smartphone. The Gmail and the Samsung accounts, as well as the WhatsApp account, are only a few of the most common examples, though, the list can be considerably longer than that.
Just like with any other account, it is all a matter of setting up a username and a password. In the future, whenever you will need to transfer your content or backup some files, all these accounts will prove extremely handy.
Since it is safe to assume that if you know how to handle a particular account you will know what to do with all the others, let us share with you some basic details on how to manage your accounts in general. In today’s articles, we will focus on some specific actions such as adding or deleting an account.
To add a new account to your Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus;
- Access the Notification shade with one swipe from the top of the screen;
- Tap on the gear icon and access the general Settings menu;
- Scroll down until you reach the section labeled as Accounts;
- Tap on it and you will see a couple of simple options;
- Select the Add account option;
- You will be automatically redirected to a window where you can select the type of account and type in your log-in information;
- First, tap on the account type and pick one of the options listed in there:
- Firefox account
- Gmail Personal (IMAP)
- Gmail Personal (POP3)
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Samsung account
- Windows Live
- After that, type in the log-in credentials;
- Tap the Add button and you’re done;
- Repeat the steps for every new account you want to add.
To delete an account from your Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Go back to the Settings menu;
- Navigate to the Accounts sub-menu;
- And you should see in there a list with all the accounts that you have connected to, with your smartphone;
- Scroll down, if necessary, until you identify the account you wish to remove;
- Tap on its name;
- Tap on the MORE button from the upper-right corner;
- Select the Remove account option;
- Tap Remove account once again, in the confirmation pop-up window;
- Type in your password, if required;
- Wait a couple of seconds for the phone to remove the account and all its information.
These two simple actions should help you better organize your Samsung Galaxy S8 accounts!