The music and picture files occupy the biggest percentage of smartphones space. Because of the powerful camera of the Galaxy S9/S9 Plus, the photos will of course occupy the phones 32 GB storage space. Therefore if you are most likely running out of space, then the easiest option can be moving the pictures to an SD card.
Note that when you insert an SD card into your phone, it will automatically sense it and ask you if you would like to save the photos and videos taken in future into your SD card. However, the phone will ask you to do this only when you launch the Camera application. But if you accidentally missed this step, you need to adjust the setting.
Think About These Options First
- The burst shots are by default saved on your phone`s storage and therefore even after selecting the SD as main storage they will still go to the phones storage. The reason for this is that SD card is not as fast as required for the burst shots to be saved.
- The old content will only be moved to the SD Card manually and hence even after inserting SD card it doesn’t occur automatically.
- If adjusting the path for storage can be done later, moving the images and videos that are on your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus to SD card can also be done through various approaches. This includes With the Android File Manager and also from the Smartphone`s My files folder from the phones Photo Gallery.
Photos And Videos: Set SD Card As Default Storage
- Click on the Camera App to launch it
- Select gear icon on top left side of the phones screen.
- Select the storage location from the camera menu
- Pick the SD card option
How To Move Photos From Phones Storage To SD With Android File Manager
- Click on the general settings of your Galaxy S9 and the Galaxy S9 Plus
- Select the Storage and USB option
- Click on Explore to open a new file manager
- On the new file manager view select pictures folder
- Click the Menu button
- Tick Copy to Option
- Pick the SD Card
Procedure For Moving Camera Photos From My Files Folder To SD Card
- Access the phones Settings
- Locate the Apps icon
- Pick Samsung
- Tick My Files
- Under file type option tick Select Images
- Select the MORE menu
- Click on Edit
- Select a specific file to move. Alternatively, you might want to move all the files
- Select Move
- Pick SD Card
Procedure For Moving Photos From Phone Gallery To SD Card
- Launch gallery from the Apps drawer
- Open the Albums
- Select the image that you want to move, or alternatively long press it so as to make multiple selections
- Click the MORE tab’
- It’s possible to select to move or copy. If you want to free up space on your Galaxy S9 or the Galaxy S9 Plus, the best option is move
- Pick the Folder with SD card icon on it
These are the best alternative methods on how you can move your pictures folder from the Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus to your phones SD card. Any one of the approaches will be good!