Whether you want or you are asked to mute Samsung Note 9 and Note 8 to avoid disrupting important events, you have to know your options. And this is no mistake – the mute feature, as simple and easy to ignore as it may be, can be activated in more than one way. Some of your options might look pretty attractive, especially if you’re the type of person who always enjoys experiencing out-of-the-box command options.
To keep it simple, we have to say that you have the mute, silent, and vibrate functions that, just like on any other smartphone, are available on your Samsung Note 8 or Note 9. And, in addition to all that, you have the motions and gestures that help you suddenly and temporarily mute your smartphone. This means that the latter option is just meant to help you block a sound instantly, the first time it’s generated.
If someone called you and you have switched the device on mute with a special gesture, the phone will ring again on the next call and you’ll have to repeat the gesture. As opposed to the manual activation of the previously mentioned functions, these motions and gestures have temporary effects. Since we have probably made you curious, allow us to start with the coolest feature.
Use motions and gestures to mute Samsung Note 9 and Note 8
- Access the Note 8 or Note 9 settings;
- Go to My Device;
- Turn on the Motions and Gestures controls;
- Use the motions and gestures described in there to turn off the sound:
- You can place the phone laying on its face to make the sound stop;
- Or you can cover the phone’s display with your palm to make the sound stop.
Use the 3 regular mute functions to mute Samsung Note 9 and Note 8
- Tap and hold the Volume down button from the side of the smartphone;
- Release the button when it has switched to the Silent Mode;
- Alternatively, you can hold down the Power key;
- Tap on the Mute or the Vibrate option that will show up on the display at some point;
- Finally, yet importantly, you can launch the Notification Bar with one swipe from the top of the screen;
- Use the sound settings available in there to activate the Mute or the Vibrate options.
As every other time when we show you more than one way to achieve a specific result, we have to say that you can use any of the above methods to mute Samsung Note 9 and Note 8. Whatever works for you!