When you take your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus out of the box and start setting it up, you will notice there is a particular ringtone set by default. As you explore the options you have at hand, you will soon discover that you can change that default ringtone into something else, from a list of predefined audio files.
But what if you could set custom ringtones for every single contact in your agenda? That way, every time you get a new call, you should know who’s trying to reach you before you take the phone out of the pocket and look at its display.
And what if you could set custom ringtones from outside that list of predefined audio files? All your favorite songs could be set up as ringtones for all your beloved family members and friends.
In this article, we’re going to show you how to set custom ringtones on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus, achieving all of the above.
How to personalize ringtones on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
Thanks to the new technology that Samsung introduced, adding or creating ringtones from scratch for your contacts is surprisingly easy and simple. You’ll see that you can personalize both ringtones and text message alerts:
- Access the Dialer app – the window from where you’re typing phone numbers when trying to call someone;
- Switch to the Contacts tab and browse until you identify a contact whose ringtone you want to change;
- Tap on that icon shaped like a pen to access the editing window for the selected contact;
- Tap on the Ringtone button;
- You will see a window with all the predefined ringtones currently available;
- You can browse and select something from that list;
- Or you can tap on the Add button and browse for a song stored on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus and set it as a ringtone for that contact.
If you want to continue personalizing your agenda and setting specific ringtones for specific persons, go on with these steps for other contacts as well. All the other contacts that you won’t edit will remain with the default ringtone.