Some Galaxy S8 users have reported of a broken Power button issue after using their devices for a while. This means that it becomes an almost impossible task trying to Power your device ON. So the only question that comes to mind is, just how do I power ON my Samsung Galaxy S8 with a defective Power key?
It might just be easier that you anticipated. If you happen to have damaged your Power key, read our step-by-step guidelines below to know how to switch ON your Galaxy S8 ON without the Power key. Follow the same procedure if you otherwise own a Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Turning ON Galaxy S8 without the Power button
- Switch OFF your Galaxy S8
- Press and hold the volume key for a while
- Hold still the Volume key and connect your Galaxy S8 to a PC using a USB cable.
- Wait for your device to start the Download mode
- Hit the Volume rocker key to cancel the operation
- Your Galaxy reboots automatically after the cancellation of the operation
Your Samsung Galaxy S8 should successfully boot without you having to use the Power key.