While we spend a lot of time with troubleshooting the most common problems on all kinds of devices, we like to take some time and discuss, every now and then, the coolest features for our readers. Today, it’s going to be about Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ Plus and Galaxy S9 and its ability to print documents – emails, PDF files, images and so on – straight to a wireless printer. A great feature, indeed, and one that it is accessible precisely because the Android software comes with the foundation required by any wireless printing software.
So, you already found out that you don’t need to worry about searching and downloading the correct driver plugin, because your smartphone knows what it has to do. What do you have to do, you wonder how to print with wireless printer from Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S8?
- First, familiarize yourself a little bit with the printing options:
- Turn on the device;
- Tap on the Apps icon from the Home screen;
- Go to its Settings;
- Look for the section Connect & Share;
- Hit the Printing Button option;
- Second, select the wireless printer that you are about to use;
- After selecting the Printing button, you should see a list of the available printers;
- If your desired printer is not among them, use the Plus symbol from the end of the screen;
- As you are being redirected towards the Google Play Store, prepare yourself to select the brand of your printer from there;
- Once you’re done with the Play Store, head back to the Printing section under the general Settings;
- Tap on your printer, which now should be available in the list;
- Wait for the device to find it and you can officially select it.
Are you still having problems identifying your printer? Make sure that it is turned on, otherwise, the smartphone won’t be able to communicate with it.
Everything else is good and you have selected your printer? Take a few extra moments to go through the basic settings, such as the print quality, the layout of the documents you are about to print, or if you prefer 2-sided printing.
All these considered, the actual printing on Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ Plus and Galaxy S9 will be a breeze:
- Open up the document you need to print via the Wi-Fi connection;
- Look for the three-dot icon, at the upper right corner of the screen;
- Tap on it and select the Print option;
- Go to the bottom of the document and hit the Print button.
Now you know how to print from a Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ Plus and Galaxy S9 on a wireless printer, through a Wi-Fi connection. And you should be able to do it every single time, even when you switch the printer or you are in a totally different place than your home or office setup.