So, you’ve accidentally deleted that cool photo with your BFF from last weekend, or your parents’ anniversary picture, or that cute photo with your pet that you were planning to share with your friends. Whatever it is that you have lost from your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or Note 9 photo gallery, there might be a way to undo this mistake.
It will involve using some kind of software recovery tool, but you should eventually get back your pictures by mistake deleted from Note 9 or Note 8. The tips that we will show you below are just as useful when it comes to recovering text messages, videos and other types of files, so, read carefully!
The first thing you must do – make sure you’re not overwriting information!
You must be anxious to get your deleted photos back but you should know that pretty much anything you do on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or Note 9 has the potential to overwrite the area of your phone’s physical memory where the photos were previously stored. When that happens, your odds of recovering the files are minimum, which is why you have to make sure that nothing like that will happen: turn on the airplane mode, the one that blocks anything that might run in the background.
You could also deactivate the Wi-Fi and data, to block any app or service from running in the background and downloading new software versions.
The next thing you must do – get yourself a file recovery software
In case you have no such tool already installed on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or Note 9, you’ll have to download it from the Play Store. Make sure you read some reviews and pick something that enjoys a good reputation. Obviously, to do so, you’ll have to keep an internet connection opened, but make sure you close it as soon as you’ve downloaded and installed the chosen recovery software.
The actual steps on how to restore deleted photos on Note 9 and Note 8
With the software installed and any other app or service prevented from running in the background, you should launch the program and follow the prompts.
- Go to the Developer Options menu and enable the USB debugging mode (follow the instructions in this guide on how to enable the Developer Mode if you don’t know how to do it);
- Use a USB cable to connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or Note 9 to a computer;
- The Dr. Fone program should display a notification at the bottom of the screen, confirming that the USB Debugging is enabled;
- Follow the instructions on the screen;
- Select the files you want to recover from your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or Note 9;
- Tap the Recover button as soon as you have selected all the files that you want to get back;
- Wait for the tool to finish the process of restoring the deleted images and see what you got.
Depending on what software you use and how soon after you have deleted the photos you have initiated this recovery process, you might have more or fewer chances of recovering the deleted photos from Note 9 and Note 8.