Several Android devices like new Samsung phones are amazing smartphones that contain a lot of features, but the coolest is their flexibility. For instance, a functionality like the Predictive Text on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus can be turned off whenever you wish and reactivated again when you change your mind.
We shall be giving you tips on how you can remove the Predictive Text feature in case you don’t need it in your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus. It will be accompanied with a tweak of some keyboard preferences you can adjust.
How To Remove Predictive Text On Samsung Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus With 3 Easy Steps
- After ensuring your Galaxy S9 phone is on, access the Quick Settings panel through swiping the screen’s top. Launch the settings via tapping the cog icon you see;
- Scroll through the settings until you reach the language and input section. Tap on it to choose the Virtual keyboard option;
- Select the type of keyboard you are utilizing, for instance, Google keyboard. From the available settings list, Tap on the Predictive Text. Later, go to the Show suggestions feature and toggle it off.
You now see, removing predictive text on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus is a simple job. You can go to the Apps tray and pick the settings app so that you pin it to your Home screen. It will ease the work as it will make the Quick Settings panel even more accessible.
How To Deal With Galaxy S9’s Text Correction Option Feature.
On your own, have you ever noticed that when it comes to particular words which you use on a regular basis such as names or similar words, your Galaxy S9 tends to give incorrect auto-correction suggestions? You can instruct the Text correction not to change those words by inserting the special word into your Personal Dictionary to create custom shortcuts for them.
Moreover, you can also activate the dedicated toggle below the More Options so that it:
- Shows correction suggestions;
- Makes personalized suggestions- as you type on other Google services, the feature will be able to grasp most commonly utilized words;
- shows the contact names suggestions.
Don’t Forget The Gesture Typing
The Gesture typing menu is another type of menu level that precedes the Text correction menu. If you need to remove the automatic space insertions in between words, gesture trail or even deactivate swipe words across the keyboard option, then this is the application to use.
And Take A Look At Your Phone’s Advanced Settings
Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus enables you to program the long key press function through its Advanced Settings menu. It enables you to tweak words so that, for instance, if you long press a key like “o,” it will automatically type a word like “office.” Therefore, this feature brings the vibration duration as well as the selection of certain symbols, numbers, words and keys associations.
While in the advanced settings, know that you can automatically send the features stats to Google so that it blocks your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus if necessary.