You will be asked what app on your Samsung Galaxy S8 you want to open file for the first time by default.
You can set up an app for default which will let you not have the issue show up anymore and have the file opened by the specific app whenever you want. You have the opportunity to set a default value app for a document, file, etc. However, you may run into a problem if you decide to open a file using another app. You need to delete your default value to restore the Open With condition.
We will explain what is going on with the Samsung Galaxy S8 for the Android:
- The menu start screen should open up and also the Settings.
- Click the Applications and then the Default Applications.
- You can then choose the “Set as Default” in the submenu unless you see the applications like the Call app, Browser app, and Message app.
- You can change the applications in the submenu.
- You should now be in the “Set As Default” submenu and you should notice which apps have an app assignment using “Open with” when possible.
- You should have a couple of options such as: “Set as Default” which is already set an app by default on a file and “None set as the default” which is when the app has nothing to do with a file.
- You should click on an app when you want to have an app set up to “None set as the default”.
- You should notice a button show up that says “Clear defaults” in the info window.
- Click on the button. You are then done.
- You should then be able to have the file opened that was already open using the app and then the window of “Open with” should show up.
After you follow the steps above, you should know how to reset “Open With” condition on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.