It is common to forget the password of your Samsung Galaxy smartphone, which will need you to reset the phone’s password to gain access. While most of the solutions for resetting a forgotten password will require that you do a hard factory reset, this can lead to the total loss of all the valuable data and files you have on your Samsung Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ Plus.
If you are yet to back up the data on your Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ Plus smartphone, there are other methods you can use to reset the password. These simple methods will let you reset the phone password when you are locked out without any risk of losing data. We have compiled below some of the best ways for resetting your lock screen’s passcode on Samsung Galaxy S20 or Galaxy S20+ Plus smartphone.
How To Reset Password On Samsung Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ Plus When Locked Out
Resetting your Password with Factory Reset
- Switch off your Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ Plus smartphone
- Press and hold the Home Key, Volume Up button, and Power button all at the same time until an Android icon comes up.
- Use the Power Button to choose Wide data or factory reset option. You will need to use the Volume Down button to navigate the menus.
- Highlight Yes to agree to the deletion of the user data and use the Power button to make your selection.
- After rebooting your Samsung Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ Plus smartphone, use the Power Button to choose any option you like.
Using Samsung Find My Mobile to reset your password
Do you know you can reset your phone’s password with Samsung Find My Mobile? Samsung Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ Plus has a remote control feature that can enable you to temporarily reset your smartphone’s password while allowing you to bypass your phone’s screen lock.
If you have not registered your phone for any reason, do so ASAP to be able to carry out the password reset.
- Begin by registering your Samsung Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ Plus with the manufacturer.
- Use the Find My Android system to temporarily reset your phone’s password.
- Bypass the screen lock using the temporary password
- Create a new password to complete the process
Using Android Device Manager to reset password
This should be the first method you consider when looking to reset your password on Samsung Galaxy S20 or Galaxy S20+ Plus. This process is straightforward since all it requires is to activate the Lock feature on your phone.
This feature is going to give you a reset password for your Samsung Galaxy S20 or Galaxy S20+ Plus. Please follow the instructions below to use the Lock feature on your smartphone.
- Use a computer to access the Android Device Manager
- Locate your Samsung Galaxy S20 or Galaxy S20+ Plus on the computer monitor
- Activate the Lock & Erase feature
- Follow the steps as shown on the page to lock your Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ Plus
- Create a new password for your smartphone
- Enter the password you have created
- Set up a new password to complete the process
After you follow the steps above, you should know how to reset password on Samsung Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20 Plus when locked out.