It’s a very common thing to not remember the password of Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus that you will need to reset the smartphone’s password. A lot of methods to reset the password will need you need to do a hard factory reset. A hard factory reset can reset all files and data from a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
If you have not had your data backed on the Galaxy S8, then we have a variety of ways to reset password on Galaxy S8. These steps will let you reset passcodes when you are locked out of your smartphone without having problems with losing your information. Take a look at the methods below in order to learn how to reset password on Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus device.
Using Factory Reset to reset your Password
- Make sure the Galaxy S8 smartphone is turned off.
- Click and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons at the same time until the Android logo shows up.
- Choose Wipe data/factory reset by using the Power key. You will need to use the Volume key to look through the menu.
- Click Yes to hit the delete of user data then use the Power key again to select your choice.
- After the Galaxy S8 has rebooted, select and option with the Power key to choose it.
You can take a look at other methods by looking at the guide on to factory reset the Galaxy S8. Keep in mind that you should back up all of your information or data before you perform a factory reset on Samsung Galaxy S8.
How to Reset Password using Samsung Find My Mobile
You may not know that Samsung Find My Mobile can turn on the feature to reset your smartphone’s password. The feature of remote control on the Samsung Galaxy S8 will let you temporarily reset your smartphone’s password and also go through the lock screen on Galaxy S8 smartphone. If you have not registered your Galaxy S8 for a particular reason, try to do that as quick a possible to turn on the option to do a password reset.
- Register the Galaxy S8 device with Samsung to start off.
- Reset the smartphone’s password temporarily by using Find My Android.
- Go through the lock screen by using a temporary password.
- Set a new password to finish the process.
How to Reset Password Using Android Device Manager
The first method you should use is Android Device Manager to reset password on Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. This method is very simple since it makes you turn on the Lock option on the smartphone. This option will let you reset the password on Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. Take a look at the instructions below to learn how to use the Lock screen feature on Galaxy S8.
- Get to Android Device Managerfrom the PC
- Locate the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus on your computer screen.
- Turn on the Lock and Erase feature.
- Take a look at the steps that it says to lock the screen.
- Set a brand new password for the Galaxy S8 that will be temporary.
- Type in the new password that you set.
- Finish the step to set up a brand new password.