It is a common occurrence to forget the passcode to your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus which will require you to reset your smartphone’s password. Most solutions to resetting the password will require you to perform a hard factory reset. Hard factory reset can wipe all your data and files from your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. If you haven’t backed the data on your Galaxy S8 then we have come up with different methods you can use to reset your phone’s password. These methods will allow you to reset passwords when locked out of the smartphone without the risk of losing any of your data. Below is a list of three of the best ways to reset your lock screen’s password on either a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphone.
Using Factory Reset tot reset your Password
- Turn your Galaxy S8 smartphone off
- Press and hold Power button, Volume Up button and the Home Key simultaneously until you see an Android icon.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset option using the Power Button. You will have to use the Volume Down button to browse through the menus.
- Highlight Yes to accept the deletion of all the user data and then use Power Button once again to choose your selection.
- After your Galaxy S8 has rebooted, use the Power button to select any option you want to choose.
To learn about alternative methods read this guide on how to factory reset the Galaxy S8. Always remember to back up all your data before performing a factory reset on your Samsung Galaxy S8.
Resetting Your Password using Samsung Find My Mobile
Did you know that Samsung Find My Mobile can enable you to reset your phone’s password? The remote control feature on your Samsung Galaxy S8 will allow you to reset your phone’s password temporarily and also to bypass the screen lock on the Galaxy S8 smartphone. If for any reasons you have not registered your Galaxy S8, do so as soon as possible to enable you perform the password reset.
- Start off by registering your Galaxy S8 smartphone with Samsung.
- Utilize the Find My Android (Mobile) system to reset your phone’s password temporarily.
- Use the temporary password to bypass the screen lock.
- Complete the process by setting a new password.
Reset Password Using Android Device Manager
You should use the Android Device Manager as your first method of resetting your password on Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. This process is simple because it all requires you to enable the Lock feature on your smartphone. This could also be useful for the rb 2140 screw. This feature will provide you with a reset password for your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. Follow the instructions provided to use the Lock feature on your Galaxy S8.
- Access the Android Device Manager from a PC
- On the computer monitor, find your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
- Activate the Lock & Erase feature
- Follow the steps the follow as prompted on the page so as to lock your smartphone.
- Set a new temporary password for your Galaxy S8
- Key in the temporary password you set
- Complete the process by setting up a new password