Relax, you’re not the only one who forgot the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus passcode. We know for a fact because we often get messages from our readers asking what to do under such circumstances. So, skip the embarrassment and focus on the productive solutions that will help you to reset the password of the device.
You must have heard of the , a process that will erase everything – data, files, settings etc. – from the Galaxy S8. It works like charm, except that you won’t love it if you didn’t have the chance to back up your data in advance. Before you get to the point where you reset everything with the risk of losing everything that you had on your phone, let us show you a couple of specific suggestions. We will discuss the factory reset as well, to get it out of our way, and then continue with alternatives. In the end, you should be able to make an informed decision.
The Factory Reset process
- Turn off the phone from the Power button;
- After that, tap and hold, at the same time, the following three hard keys: Power, Volume Up, Home;
- When you see the Android icon on the display, you can let go of the keys;
- Once inside the Recovery Mode, look for the Wipe Data / Factory Reset option – you can select it with the Volume Down and initiate it with the Power key;
- Use the same keys to select and confirm the action from the Yes option and wait for it to delete everything;
- In the end, use the Reboot System Now option and you’ll leave the Recovery Mode.
These are the basic instructions but if you are curious to know more on this topic, check out the alternative methods displayed in the following guide on how to . The backup of data goes without saying!
The Samsung Find My Mobile service
You must have heard of the Samsung Find My Mobile service so far, but you probably had no idea that it can allow you to reset the password of your device. It does so through the Remote Control feature, which will enable you to set up a temporary password. With its help, you’ll gain temporary access to the Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ Plus device, long enough to proceed with changing the temporary password for a permanent one and fix the issue of lack of access.
- Register the phone with Samsung;
- Use the Find My Mobile system to reset the password and set up a temporary access code;
- Use that code to get over the locked screen and actually start using the phone;
- Set up a new password and the temporary one will be automatically overwritten.
The Android Device Manager service
This one works similar to the Samsung Find My Mobile, in the sense that it also requires prior registration and also gives you remote access and the possibility to set up a new, temporary password. In this case, however, you will first have to enable the Lock feature and officially lock the device remotely.
- Then, go to a computer and use the internet browser to access the Android Device Manager;
- You will see your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus listed in there and you will be able to select it;
- Activate the Lock & Erase feature for the selected device;
- Follow the suggested prompts to lock the phone and set a new temporary password;
- Then, access your device with the new password and change it as fast as you can.
One of these three options is the right solution for the next time when you will get locked outside of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus. Use them wisely!