If you have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus and you find then you keep on forgetting your passcode, you will need to reset the smartphone’s device. A lot of the methods to reset your password will need you to do a hard factory reset. When you perform a hard reset, it will clear all of the files and data from the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. It is recommended to back up your data on the Galaxy S8 so you can perform a variety of methods to reset the smartphone’s password.
These options will let you to reset your password whenever you are lock out of your device without risking the loss of any of the data. Take a look at the list of ways you can use to reset the password on the lock screen on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus device.
How to use Factory Reset to reset the Password
- Make sure the Galaxy S8 smartphone is turned off.
- Click and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power button at the same time until you notice the Android icon.
- Choose Wipe factory/data reset feature with your Power button. You must use your Volume down key to look through the menu.
- Go over Yes to choose delete the user information and then use the Power key again to select the option.
- Once the Galaxy S8 is rebooted, use your Power key to choose whatever you would like to have.
Take a look at the guide on how you can factory reset the Galaxy S8 for other methods you can use. Keep in mind that you should always backup all of you information before you perform the factory reset on the Samsung Galaxy S8.
How to Reset the Password with Samsung Find My Mobile
You may have not known that you can use Find My Mobile by Samsung to let you reset your smartphone’s password. The remote control option on the Samsung Galaxy S8 lets you reset you device’s password so that you can go through your lock screen on your Galaxy S8 device. You should try to register the Galaxy S8 as quick as possible so that you can reset you password.
- Begin by have the Galaxy S8 device registered with Samsung.
- Use Find My Android feature to have the smartphones password reset temporarily.
- With your temporary password, go through your lock screen.
- Finish this process by have the new password set.
How to Reset the Password with Android Device Manager
You can use your Android Device Manager for the first process to reset the password on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. This method is very simple since all you need to do is to turn the Lock option on for the device. This feature will let you reset the password on the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. Take a look at the instructions below to learn how you can use your Lock feature on the Galaxy S8.
- How you can access your Android Device Manager with a PC
- Locate the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Have the Lock and Erase option activated.
- Use the steps below to lock the smartphone.
- Have a fresh password set temporarily for the Galaxy S8.
- Put in your temporary password that you set.
- Set up the new password to complete your process.
After you follow the steps above, you should know how to reset password on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus when locked out.