You must have many contacts in the agenda of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+. But we bet that only a few are so special that you either want to answer their calls right away or ignore their calls just as fast. So, what if you could select custom ringtones for each of those contacts? Next time when you’ll get a call from them, you won’t even have to look at the display and you’ll know what you want to do.
Try this out and, if you like it, take one more step and set up custom ringtones for the text messages as well. Don’t know how to do any of these? Read on and you’ll find out.
To personalize the ringtone of a specific contact…
- Access the Agenda or the Dialer Pad and select the contact you want to edit;
- Then, use the Edit button to enter the Edit window;
- Scroll down until you identify the ringtone option and click on it;
- You will see three main options that you get to choose from – the default ringtone, a ringtone that you can select from the predefined options, or a song stored somewhere else on your smartphone;
- Once you have selected your preferred ringtone or song, hit the OK button and that was all.
The contact you just edited will have, from now on, that particular ringtone that you have selected from your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.