You must be curious on how your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphone could be set up so that it reads texts. Using text dictation to speak text is a very simple process and easy to perform. On other smartphones, you might be required to download a Text-to-Speech app which can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
This app will then be used by your Galaxy S8 to read any texts out loud. With the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphone, you can read texts aloud; this facilitates the reading of translations, books and many other things. Besides English, the read text feature on Samsung Galaxy S8 may be used for other languages as well.
A step by step guide on how to set your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus so that it reads texts has been illustrated below:
- Power on your Galaxy smartphone
- Once the device is powered in, go to the home screen of your Galaxy S8 smartphone
- Click on the settings
- Locate the System option
- Click on Language and input
- Select the Text-to-Speech option which is located under the section for speech
- Select the Text-to-Speech(TTS) engine favorable for you. There are two options to select from:
- Google Text-to-Speech
- Samsung Text-to-Speech
- Click on the settings icon
- Choose on Install voice data
- Click Download
- Wait patiently for the voice data to download
- Click on the back key
- Select your preferred language
Once you follow all the above steps accordingly, go to your phone’s homescreen and select Apps. After selecting Apps, click on S Voice. Select the Recent Apps key which will enable you to choose on Select Driving Mode. Touch the Recent Apps and select Set Driving Mode off, if you want to turn off the driving mode.
It is worth noting that, the read text feature on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus is not recommended for persons with visual impairments. This is because the Galaxy S8 device will speak about items that are shown on your screen and on things you don in real time such as what the notifications say and what you are tapping.