If you have recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, you may have noticed that it has an auto-correct feature that is very beneficial. You will be able to learn how you can turn auto-correct off for Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus so that you can have no interruptions with your smartphones.
Adding Different Words in the Dictionary on the Fly (Method 1)
You will be able to change the words automatically when you turn “Auto Replacement” on for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus by clicking on the Space Bar. You can click on the word that is corrected if you decide that you do not want the word to be changed again by simply just choosing the original one.
The steps below will allow you to not have issues with words being autocorrected for the first time if you decide to perform them.
Turning Off Auto-correct Completely (Method 2)
- Go to the Apps, then going to the Settings, and then going to Language & Input starting from your Home Screen.
- Choose the keyboard that you will most likely use which is probably “Samsung Keyboard”.
- You will be interested in the “Smart Typing” section by turning off and on in which you choose. Your options are:
- Predictive text– In the keyboard field, you will see words that will be suggested in the section below.
- Auto replace– You hit the space bar, which will replace the word automatically.
- Auto check spelling– The spelling errors will be underlined.
- Auto spacing– The words will have spaces between them.
- Auto punctuation– You can put apostrophes and periods automatically.