With every new smartphone, we want new features and, of course, bigger screens. Samsung has taken all that into consideration, so, the new Galaxy Note 8 and Note 9 came with a 6.7-inch screen. A welcomed feature but, at the same time, one that makes user navigation a bit more complicated for some people. Anticipating this issue, Samsung made sure that the new Android software was going to include handy TouchWiz features like… the One-Handed Operation on Note 9 and Note 8.
Turn that one on and you will be able to handle the large device with just one hand. Coming up next, we’ll show you how to activate it and how to enable or to disable it depending on your needs.
How to activate the One-Handed Operation on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and Note 8:
- Turn on the screen and navigate to the Settings app;
- Browse until you find the One-Handed Operation option;
- Tap on it and switch its dedicated toggle to On;
- Follow the prompts to set things up and make it ready for use.
How to enable the One-Handed Operation on Note 9 and Note 8, after activation:
- These instructions should continue the ones from the previous section;
- After enabling the One-Handed operation, look at the top-right corner, for the Expand button;
- Select it and the device will return to the normal screen size;
- Whenever you will want to turn it back on, use your thumb to make a slide move that should start from the side of the screen to its middle and then back to the side, in one continuous swipe.
Going through these straightforward steps must have helped you get a better sense of your options. From now on, you too should be capable of using the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 or Note 8 through these one-handed use commands. If you happen to be a left-handed, the options work the same for you, only that in the opposite direction. Use it with your right hand and perform the motion on the left-hand side of the display.