We would like to welcome our esteemed readers to our very first tutorial series. This tutorial series is for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus. This post delineates an important task that everyone performs the moment they purchase a new Samsung Galaxy smartphone. This is the process of adding an email account to your brand new smartphone. If you need any help with the process of setting up an email account on your phone, feel free to switch to this guide.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus supports many types of email accounts. This means that you can easily set up several email accounts on your smartphone at the same time. You need all accurate information such as User names and IDs, server settings and passwords if you are to set up an account successfully.
It is recommended to request your email service provider for your email details.
How to set up an Email Account on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
Prior to getting started, prepare all the required information, which includes passwords, usernames, both the incoming server settings as well as the outgoing server settings. Also ensure you have the port numbers, IMAP, POP3 or any other settings such as Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account.
- To start us off, open apps from your Homescreen.
- Open Email settings
Sometimes you may not get the shortcut to the email settings on your Homescreen. If so, open Samsung Folder especially if you are using a GS8 version whose settings for the Email are located in the Samsung Folder.
- Add New Account from the next screen
An email address may already exist in your phone, simply tap on the email address under this option.
- Type in the address and password for your email
- Choose the Manual Setup and proceed to set up your account manually. Alternatively, you may choose to let your phone complete the setup automatically. The phone will search for your email server and then proceed to Sign In.
- For this guide however, you may have to choose Manual Setup
- Choose on the type of email account you would like to set up. The available options include IMAP account, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and a POP3 email account.
- Key in the necessary server details for your respective email
- Click on Sign In to continue with the setup
- You may have to wait for some minutes as your smartphone verifies the authenticity of the server settings. A prompt for Sync schedule screen will come up if the details you entered were all correct and the email is signed in using the settings you provided.
- Proceed to follow up the setup by configuring the sync options using your preferred settings.
- Click on Sign In
- Choose your preferred account name. There is also an option to setup a signature for your outgoing messages. To setup this up, enter the signature or your name in the appropriate field.
- To complete the process, simply click on DONE
After the last step, email messages will populate your inbox.
How to add a POP3 or an IMAP Email account to Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
You can setup personal email accounts to your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus using two different ways. One of the methods is by directly adding emails from the stock email. The other method is by using the Settings Menu.
Adding personal email from the Stock Email App
- From the Home menu, click on Apps
- Launch the email app by clicking on Email. Alternatively, open the Samsung folder, from where you can launch the Email app
- The Inbox screen should have an option for you to choose the Menu
- Select on Settings
- Proceed by clicking on Add account
- To complete the process of account setup, keenly follow the onscreen commands. Once the setup is complete, email messages will start to flood your inbox.
Adding personal email using the Settings Menu
- From the Home menu, tap the Apps icon
- Click on the Settings menu
- Choose Accounts and proceed to Add Account
- Click on the Email option
- At this point, simply type in your email address and key in the password in the respective fields.
- Click on Sign In to engage the automatic email setup. You should prompt your smartphone to test incoming as well as outgoing servers. Alternatively, click on Manual setup and then enter the email type, authentic username and password, server settings and security types.
- Configure the Sync settingsper your preferences.
- Click Next to proceed
- Choose the name you would like for your account and the name to be displayed or a signature for your outgoing email messages.
- Finish of the setup process by clicking on DONE
How to add a Work Email or an Exchange ActiveSync account on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
Inside your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, there are some very powerful Exchange features embedded within it. These features allow you to set up Exchange ActiveSync. You can also use the features to sync your phone and your work email which will enable you to read and manage emails. You will also be able to easily send email messages. We have itemized the steps for setting up a work email on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.
A point to note; it is important to secure the account settings details including usernames, passwords and exchange servers. Contact your Exchange Server administrator to make sure that all the information you have is correct. With all the necessary information ready, proceed to follow the steps provided below;
- From the Home menu, click on the Apps icon
- Choose to open Settings
- Click on accounts and tap to Add Account
- Choose on the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Input your email address and the correct password in the respective fields
- Choose on Manual Setup
- Key in all the required details for your work email such as the account’s domain username, the correct password and exchange servers.
- Proceed by following the onscreen commands if you would like to configure other account options
- Choose an account name and a display name or signature for your outgoing emails
- Click on DONE
Configuration of more settings for the Exchange ActiveSync Email on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
You can also customize your emails and access additional Exchange ActiveSync settings, as you prefer. The available options incorporated included out-of-office and flagging messages, message priority and meeting requests. You can access and configure these options using the guide provided below.
- Tap on the Apps from Home.
- Open Email app.
- Tap on MORE from the Email menu to see the additional options.
- Select on Settings.
- Tap on the Account Name to see the options available for the Exchange ActiveSync account
- Tap to choose the option you would like to configure
Keep posted for many more guides on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Configuration details for Google Gmail:
Type: Web & POP3.Email format: email@example.com. Username format: Full email address. Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com. Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com. SMTP port: 465. TLS/SSL required: Yes