Say you would like to manage Hotmail emails from Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus? Look no further than to this detailed guide on how to setup a Hotmail account on Galaxy S9.
The process is just as easy and intuitive when it comes to Hotmail as it is with Live or Outlook accounts. You will have to use the pre-installed Email app and just in case you don’t have an account configured through the Email app, here is what you will have to do to setup Hotmail on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus:
How To Setup Hotmail On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus?
- Launch the dedicated Email app;
- Select the option labeled as Add New Account;
- Enter the email address and the password of your Hotmail, Live or Outlook account;
- Hit the Sign in button;
- In the event that you have a 2-step verification process in place, you will also have to generate an app password and type it before you can access your account from the smartphone’s app;
- Once you’re in, wait for the Email app to automatically configure the Exchange server settings for you.
You already have an email account configured within the Email app? No problem, you can still add a new account, whether it is for Hotmail, Live or Outlook, without problems:
- Head back to the Email app;
- Tap on the MORE menu;
- Select Settings;
- Select Add account;
- Select on Add New Account;
- Again, enter your credentials for the new account – address and password;
- Tap the Sign in button;
- Wait for the app to configure your settings.
Just like with the previously described steps, make sure you provide the app password if you have a 2-step verification process implemented. But all these considered, you’re now free to use your new email account on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.