Without a doubt, is one of the best navigation apps you can try. With millions of users around the world, running on all kinds of devices, and permanently improved, it just received a highly-requested feature update this March. In today’s article, we will talk about it – the famous location sharing in real-time, one of its latest additions.
Whether you need to keep someone posted on where you are or when are you going to arrive at the destination, or you just prefer to ease the worries of your loved ones by sending them your location with Google Maps, now you can easily solve all these issues.
So, imagine you do that, set the app to share your location while on the move. Can you see how this is going to prevent you from getting a ton of text messages, disrupting you from your driving, or forcing you to answer the same question addressed by different people?
Learn how to share your location on Google Maps in Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus while keeping your eyes on the road and still making your friends and family happy.
The quick facts about the Google Maps location on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus
- It is a setting accessible from the app’s menu, with just a few simple taps;
- Aside from the actual location, it comes with a wide range of additional controls (location sharing time limits included), with a visible focus on the widely-discussed privacy concerns;
- You can share the location, as well as your navigation progress, with just one contact or with multiple contacts at the same time;
- You can share the location on different time intervals – like every 15 minutes or even up to three days!
- There’s a special setting labeled as “Until you turn it off” that will spare you from all the other configuration details;
- To prevent you from forgetting the feature On, you will see a notification permanently displayed within the app and you will also receive email reminders from time to time;
- All the features are accessible right from the navigation screen, meaning you will no longer have to manually open a chat window just to send your location;
- And all the information is easily accessible from any PC, tablet, laptop, smartphone, or even web browser – anyone with access to any of these can stay posted on your location.
How to share your location in Google Maps on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- Launch the app or go straight to starting the navigation;
- Open the menu by either swiping from left or tapping on the “you are here” blue dot icon;
- From the context menu that will show up, select any of the options “Share trip in progress” or “Share location”;
- Also, configure the fields relating to:
- who to share your location with;
- which location to share;
- for how long to share your location;
- Then, select the email or messaging app to share your location;
- Hit the send button to start sharing that information with the selected contacts.
As a result, the app will automatically send the selected contacts a link. Every time when they access the link, as long as you still have the sharing turned on, they will be able to see your location or your trip progress. The popular feature used to be a part of Google Latitude and Google+.