Want to know how to handle the SIM unlock Galaxy Note 8 issue? We can tell it’s an issue because we are constantly being asked by our readers. Just because you’ve purchased the smartphone from a particular carrier, it doesn’t mean you should find yourself stuck with that carrier alone until the end of your contract.
You have several different courses of action that will help you unlock the device. You’d have to know, though, that the whole purpose of this SIM lock was for the wireless carrier to be able to make you a more attractive offer in terms of monthly bills. Giving up on this agreement might come with some adjustments, which, especially if you often travel internationally, might be something you are willing to accept.
How can you SIM unlock the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- Since your carrier was the one that locked it in the first place, it makes sense you ask help from this direction, first. Tell them what you need and see what it takes to get it done.
- Alternatively, you can always contract a third-party service that will obtain the unlock code and communicate it to you.
Needless to say, while both options are perfectly valid, the first one might be free of charge. So, it is always worth starting from there – you might be surprised to discover how easy it is to handle the issue directly with the carrier!
To obtain the SIM unlock code from your Galaxy Note 8 carrier:
- Suffices to contact the carrier’s support center;
- Ask from one of the customer helpline agents to give you the unlock code for your particular smartphone;
- Provide the agent with the Galaxy Note 8’s IMEI number, to prove your legal ownership and that you are entitled to make this request;
- Wait until you will receive the SIM unlock code via email – it shouldn’t take longer than a couple of days.
To obtain the SIM unlock code for your Galaxy Note 8 from a third-party:
- You’ll have to do your own research and find a third-party unlock service;
- Surf through their various offerings and services;
- Decide for what you want, specifically, and provide the device’s IMEI number;
- Wait for the agreed period of time to get your unlock code – depending on the service and the carrier that your phone is locked with, it could take up to 2 weeks, though, usually, less than that.
Once you’ve got your SIM unlock Galaxy Note 8 code…
- Turn off the smartphone;
- Remove the SIM card;
- Place the new SIM card that you’d like to use;
- Turn on the phone;
- You’ll be required to type the unlock code;
- Introduce the code received from the carrier or from that third-party service.
Right after that, your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 should unlock and load the normal running mode, letting you use whatever SIM card you want, from whatever carrier.