If you’re having trouble navigating through your Touch Screen on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus smartphones, this article will guide you through different was through which you can use the most effective feature of your smartphone. Or if you’re a seasoned user who is having issues with non-responsive taps on your screen, noticing lag in response time on your continued use, or feel like only some parts of your screen are responsive while others have stopped responding, you will find methods to troubleshoot those issues in the following sections. There are no problems that you can’t resolve by yourself for Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus touch screen problems.
Unless it is a hardware issue on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus for touch screen issues, your screen does not ever goes completely non functional, you will find the issues ranging from temporary lag or non response to a poor display while using the phone and these are resolvable issues. A quick fix for these problems is smart thinking. Try placing the applications you use often on the first half of your screen, it will save you the taps and will lead to efficient use of your smartphone, the ones that you use once in a week or lesser can be put on the latter half. You’ll soon notice the difference on your phone’s reaction timings.
What you must not ignore is the true cause of these recurring issues, if you feel the phone has an underlying hardware issue, don’t wait to get it to the service shop and fix it. With the continued usage of smartphones, after a while, slight deterioration is bound to happen. It is rare with the new device, chances are during the shipping and delivery, hardware got affected, replace it ASAP as it will still be under warranty period. Although software glitches and bugs are not as common for touch screen problems with Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus phones, there is still a possibility of that happening, in these scenarios, the best way to go about is to update your software to resolve the display issues.
In the following sections, we will show you how to get your smartphone’s display back to the normal functioning mode in easy steps!
#1 – Put Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus On Factory Reset
Have you tried turning it off and on again? The much laughed upon joke in the IT sector is actually the easiest solution to most of our tech problems, going back to the roots can sometimes lead to resolving your issues. The factory reset takes your phone to its initial settings, so if there are glitches in your software, using the factory default will put it back to a functional mode from when you started using the phone. How to go back to Factory Reset? Follow the given steps!
- First step is to find the Settings option on your smartphone
- Now click on the User & Backup option
- Once done, tap on the Backup & Reset feature listed there
- Finally select the Factory Data Reset option and you’re done!
As you already know, this option means that your phone will go back to the first time when you started using it, which is deletion of all your content. The smart thing to do before Factory Data Reset is to save all your important data, back it up so that you don’t lose anything important and before you make that final confirmation call of Data Reset, be absolutely sure of your backup. This process will take some time, allow your phone to reboot once the reset is done.
If you’re wondering how to clear the cache on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus smartphone, follow the steps in the section below!
#2 – How To Clear The Cache Of The System
If you don’t want to start from the scratch, and want your device’s cache to be cleared, this is option you must give a try. On your smartphone, press down the Volume button for some time, this will open up a new menu that allows you to clean the cache partition of your smartphone. If you want a step-by-step guide to cleaning your phone’s cache, read and follow the steps given below:
- First step is to power off your phone
- Now press the Power button along with Home and Volume Up button, press all 3 buttons simultaneously for a small time
- Once your phone vibrates and you see the Android logo, let go of the Power button
- You will see the Samsung Galaxy S9 text on your phone screen, release all the buttons at this point
- Now you have to select the Wipe Cache Partition option by pressing the Volume Down key
- To begin the process of clearing Cache, press the Power button
- You can confirm this by selecting the Yes option from the menu
- Now you wait for your system to clear the cache
- You will see a Reboot system now option, tap on it
- Finally, restart your phone by clicking on the Power button
Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus smartphones display often work absolutely fine once you restart them with a clear cache.
#3 – How To Hard Reset Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
Hard Reset is when you’re ready to wipe off all your data, including your applications and settings on your smartphone. This means you need to back up whatever important data you plan to use in future, simply go to your Settings menu and there select the Backup & Reset option. Once your backup is completed, follow the given steps on how to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 smartphone.
- Start out by turning off your phone
- Now press the Home, Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously
- Once you see the Samsung text on your display screen, let go of all 3 buttons, your phone is in the Recovery mode
- Using the Volume buttons on your smartphone, navigate through the options and tap the Power button that will initiate following options
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset – You can confirm this option by tapping Yes – follows by Delete All Use Data feature
- Now click on the Reboot System Now option as soon as the Factory Reset is completed
#4 – Simply Take Out The SIM
If you’ve tried all the methods to correct the touch screen display issues and nothing seems to be working out for your phone, you can give it a final try by removing your SIM card. Some users have found that removing the SIM card and reinserting it has sometimes resolved their Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus’s display issues.
Lastly, don’t second guess yourself. If you think taking it to service is the final resort, go for it and get your functional display back as hardware issues need expert care.