You have to admit, there are only a few things that one can complain about when it comes to a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. The web navigation isn’t usually one of them, so, if you have recently found yourself wanting more navigational speed, you have to ask yourself. Is the internet slow and manifests lags with any web page, even with the ones that display minimum content? Or is it more like a problem related to the pages and apps that have to load a lot of information, pictures, and videos in particular?
If you’re mostly having problems with scrolling long internet pages, we can definitely help you speed up the web browsing experience on your Galaxy Note 8. The secret lies in allocating extra RAM resources to your internet app. This will certainly improve the performances of the device, especially with pages full of animated GIFs or static images.
The steps towards faster web browsing on Samsung Galaxy Note 8:
- Unlock the device;
- Go to the Home screen or to the App Drawer and launch your Chrome Browser app;
- Go to the address bar;
- Instead of typing the URL of the website you were planning to access, type: chrome://flags;
- The browser will automatically load a different page with extra options, where you should browse for an entry labeled as “Maximum tiles for interest area” (or #max-tiles-for-interest-area);
- Then, hit the Dropdown menu listed as Default;
- Edit the value in there by replacing it with 612;
- Go to the bottom of the page and hit Relaunch Now.
With the last step, you have officially confirmed the changes operated within the settings of the browser. This was probably your first experience with the Chrome://flags menu, a special menu where the developer is giving you access to beta testing options. You know what beta means, which means you should expect for the risk of making your internet browser less stable by tweaking and activating the options in there. But this one will certainly speed up web browsing with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. So, as long as you do nothing else, the Chrome app and your smartphone will work better from now on.