Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus has the sweetest operating system but when it comes to chatting, some love or hate the auto correct feature. Some find it helpful while others view it as a stumbling block. On some occasions, the spellchecker has been found to provide wrong indications that seem to annoy some people and making people want to know how to spell check on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
Instead of pegging the discussion on whether to spell check on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus is useful or not, let us focus more on the option it offers. It has many options for making it work in your favor by inserting missing words into its dictionary to disabling the feature to type devoid of interruptions.
The solution that teaches the autocorrect the words it should not correct once more is a good starting point for the discussion.
How To Add Words To Auto-Correct Dictionary
Autocorrect normally annoys some people with its replacement feature. The feature not only detects misspelled words but it also changes typed words into what it considers appropriate whenever you press the space bar after finishing typing.
Fortunately, this interference while typing can be avoided through inserting missing words into the Galaxy S9 phone’s dictionary. It is simple to correct it through tapping into the corrected word so that you can choose the initially typed word as the right word. Therefore, next time you type the same word, the autocorrect will give preference to the previously registered word so that the word remains uncorrected.
As you text more a particular word, autocorrect will easily adjust to a given preference as it takes the time to learn.
How To Completely Turn Off Spell Check On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
If this feature doesn’t impress you, there are several non-complicated steps you can take to turn it off. You will have to do the following;
- First, go to the home screen so that you select Apps;
- Next, head to the settings, select general management to access the language and input option;
- Tap the onscreen keyboard that appears under the keyboard section. There is a list of several keyboards available, but it is assumed you are using the Samsung keyboard;
- Draw your attention to the smart typing section which entails some features. Disable the ones you desire to turn off:
- Predictive text– it uses the typed letters as the basis for suggesting words below the keyboard field;
- Auto-replace– the moment the space bar is pressed, it automatically replaces the typed words with the correct ones;
- Auto spelling– whenever it finds some spelling error, it underlines in red;
- Auto-spacing– when it senses two words lack the appropriate space in between, it will automatically insert it;
- Auto punctuation– whenever it detects as fit, it will automatically insert the appropriate periods or apostrophes.
The choice remains yours; you can either give the spell check on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus or you get rid of it.