Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are smartphones with a more than decent display size. The Multi Window Mode and the Split Screen View were viable options even in the previous versions with smaller screens so, why wouldn’t you use it on your new smartphone?
In case you don’t know this option of running two apps at the same time, on the same screen, while getting to look at both of them – without having to constantly switch from one another – you’re about to discover it right away.
From how you enable the Multi Window Mode to how you Split Screen your apps, this guide will show you the essential steps. It’s not hard at all, you’ll see:
- Begin by turning on the smartphone;
- From the Home screen, swipe downward the Notification Shade;
- Use the gear icon at the top right corner;
- From the Settings menu, navigate to the Device section;
- Scroll down until you find the Multi Window Mode;
- Tap on the switch next to the Multi Window Mode and toggle it to On;
- Next, check the box next to the Open options and decide what you want to display on the Multi Window View;
- Look at the screen for the semi-circle in gray that should have popped up by now, as a sign that the option was officially activated;
- Leave the menus and tap on that semi-circle to bring the Multi Window Mode at the top;
- Drag whatever app you want to use and drop it to the Split Screen – it will open in half of the screen;
- Do the same with the other app you want to have on the screen;
- Drag the circle from the middle of the screen, upward or downward, to adjust the size of the two windows.
As soon as you’ve launched the two apps and you’ve fit their size on the screen, you can start enjoying the Split Screen on the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. You might notice that not all the apps from your smartphone will be compatible with this mode, but the ones that you’re using most commonly are. So, go ahead and make the best of your smartphone – if you have any kind of questions, we’re here to help you!