If you accepted to use Bixby as your virtual assistant on Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, you probably had certain expectations. This feature is, after all, quite similar to the virtual assistant OK Google and even to Apple’s Siri. Assuming you had it, you tried it, and you think you can live without it, read on!
How To Turn Off Bixby On Samsung Galaxy S9 Or Galaxy S9 Plus, you have two options:
- You can either turn it off, from the Edit Screen of the device;
- Or you can disable it from the Applications settings.
If You Want To Turn OFF Bixby On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus…
- Unlock your phone;
- Go to the Home Screen and identify an empty area where you can tap;
- Tap and hold on that empty spot until you see the Edit Screen showing up on the display – it really shouldn’t take longer than a second or two;
- Next, swipe left to get to the Bixby option;
- Tap on its toggle and switch it back to Off;
- Return to the Home Screen when you’re done.
Remember, if you follow these steps and turn Bixby off on Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus will no longer activate Bixby when you press the Home button, like it used to!
If You Want To Completely Disable Bixby On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus…
- Go to the Notification Panel and extend the Settings menu from there;
- Select the Applications tab;
- Swipe right or left, until you reach the All Applications tab;
- Browse through that list until you locate the Bixby app and select it;
- Disable Bixby from that menu;
- Confirm the action when you see the notification about errors that might show up in other apps after disabling this built-in app;
- Leave the settings and monitor your device.
As suggested, because Bixby is a built-in app, you can disable it but you can also experience various errors with other apps, once you do that. If problems occur and persist, follow the same steps you took when learning how to disable Bixby on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. You’ll get to reactivate it right away and make the other app problems disappear!