You may have recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus and you are curious how you can turn the message preview off on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. The Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus has a new feature called the Message Preview so that users can be assisted in looking at messages quickly without needing to have their smartphone unlocked.
It is recommended that Message Preview on their Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus notification bar and lock screen that can become frustrating. This is happens when things show up that you do not want other people see and this can become frustrating.
If you no longer like to notice notifications on your screen anymore, you can turn the Preview feature off on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus device. We will show you steps in order to learn how you can turn on and off the Preview Messages for your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 notification bar or lock screen.
Turning Message Preview off on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus is turned on.
- Choose Settings after you have gone to your menu on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
- Look for Apps and choose Messages.
- Choose Notifications.
- Navigate to the section named Preview Message.
- Two boxes that say “Status Bar” or “Lock Screen” should be seen.
- The boxes in which you no longer want should be unchecked so that certain messages will not appear in Preview Message.
Once the boxes are unchecked which you not want the Preview Message to appear in either your status bar or lock screen. If you want the feature back on, simply have the boxes rechecked.
Preview Messages is a great feature on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, which allows you to hold your notifications, or messages private are you want to keep messages that are important hidden. This is why you want to have this feature on.