Samsung is famous for the S Health functions that it introduced with its smartphones. The Pedometer is one of those simple and quiet apps, part of the S Health program, that monitors the steps you walk daily. The functioning principles of the Pedometer are simple since it only relies on a motion sensor integrated into your smartphone. That sensor counts every step you make and contrary to what you might believe, it doesn’t take much of your system’s resources to do so.
Nevertheless, if you want to save your battery as much as you can or you simply find the Pedometer useless and you want to get rid of it, in this article, we’re going to show you how to disable it.
If you were having the Pedometer shortcut displayed right on the Lock Screen, you can disable it from there:
- Use one finger to swipe down the general Menu;
- Tap on Settings;
- Tap on Lock Screen;
- Tap on Additional Information;
- Look for the Pedometer option and uncheck the box next to it.
From now on, you will no longer see the set counter on the lock screen of your Samsung Galaxy S8.
How to completely disable the Pedometer on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
As you probably guessed, the steps from above simply remove the counter from the display. But if you want to get rid of the Pedometer once and for all, follow these steps:
- Launch the S Health Fitness App;
- Look for the menu symbol with three horizontal bars and tap on it;
- You should see a navigation bar opening at the left of the app;
- Tap on the Pedometer listed in there;
- You will see a counter with the current traveled distance and a Pause button underneath it;
- Tap the Pause button and you have disabled the Pedometer.
The app officially stopped counting your steps on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.