Most of the latest smartphones on the market come with the flashlight on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus also has this feature. Although most users know about this feature, no one wants to know how to use this feature.
The simple reason is that situations, where the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus flashlight is needed, are quite hard to come by these days. In a case where you need to use the flashlight on Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, you may be in a bit of a bind as it is not easy to find the flashlight feature.
If you are in search of a way to utilize your Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus flashlight, do the following:
- On the Home screen of the Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus device;
- Starting from the top part of the screen, place two fingers then swipe downwards;
- This brings out the extended list of options, and here you can identify a flashlight icon;
- As soon as you click on this icon, your camera flashlight comes on;
- If you wish to switch it off after use, just click the icon again and the light turns off.
A lot of users will prefer to have a button on the home screen to quickly access the flashlight or a widget. This is not available in the Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, but you can use a third-party app to get this quick-access on your device.
Instead of complicating things, you can simply rearrange the drop-down menu to make it easier to access the flashlight on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. All you need to do is to move the flashlight to the quick menu which you can then access by using one finger to swipe down on the home screen.
Moving an option from the extended menu to the quick menu is easy. While on the extended menu page, you should see an EDIT option on the upper-right corner of this screen. Once you click on this button, you can then move the flashlight icon. Drag it to the top row and then drop it. Click on the done button.
This gives you the opportunity to access the flashlight function using one finger to swipe down on the screen of your Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.