Your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus should have the Preview Message feature. This feature is specifically meant to enable you view your messages quickly without the need to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. The Preview Messages can be a nuisance at times especially when it shows things you do not want to see on your Galaxy S8 lock screen.
If you do not want to see these preview notifications, you will be happy to know that there is a way for you to disable this Preview Message feature. The following guide will help you turn on and off the Preview Message feature on your Galaxy S8’s lock screen as well as from the notifications bar.
Samsung Galaxy S8: How to turn on and off the Preview Message feature
- You need to turn your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ Plus on.
- On the Menu, select Settings
- Look for the Applications in the Settings menu and select Messages
- In the Messages menu choose the Notifications to open the Message notifications menu
- Browse for Preview Message
- In the Preview Message menu locate the boxes indicated as Lock Screen and Status Bar
- Uncheck these two boxes to show that you do not want the Preview Message feature to show on your smartphones.
After unchecking these boxes, you will not be able to see the Preview Message on your lock screen or status bar but in case you want to turn this feature back on later on all you need to do is check the two boxes.
We mostly turn on Preview Message on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus so to maintain privacy for our messages and notifications especially for those of us who receive sensitive information in our messages.