The weather widget is one of the most popular widgets featured by Samsung Galaxy Note 8. But simply because there are so many people out there who rely on it (which is why you have its shortcut on the Lock Screen), it doesn’t mean you have to do the same. Since Samsung is truly flexible when it comes to the details that users can personalize on their devices, you can feel free to get rid of that small window with weather information.
Below, we will show you what steps to follow to get to the settings of this widget and turn it On or Off, however you see fit.
To access the Weather Information from the Lock Screen of your Note 8…
- Unlock the device and head to the main panel of the Home screen;
- Browse and tap on Settings (either from the Apps page or from the Notification Shade);
- Go to the Lock Screen settings;
- Tap on Lock Screen;
- Find the Weather option and the dedicated box sitting next to it;
- Check that box if you want to keep the Weather On or uncheck it if you want to keep the Weather Off;
- Leave the menus and lock the device.
Now, depending on your selection, the weather information will appear or disappear from the display of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. As mentioned, these steps concern the details displayed on the Lock Screen. As you probably know, the weather details can also be displayed on the Home screen, as a widget, but this is something you can control from a separate setting.