Did you know that the Clock app of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is not just a… clock? If you’ve never taken the time to play with its settings and browse through its options, you are probably clueless about all the things you can actually do with it.
The clock will help you:
- Set up an alarm for waking up in the morning or after your afternoon nap;
- Set up a special reminder for an important event of the day;
- Postpone the alarm almost automatically, even after it already rang once, with the special snooze feature;
- Set, edit and, if necessary, delete multiple alarms at the same time, personalized for a given day, an entire week, an interval such as Monday to Friday and whatever else you can think of.
This is a guide dedicated to your alarm clock app and the magnificent widget built in it! You’ll start looking differently at your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus now that you know all that!
Here are the essentials:
- To create a new alarm, you begin by launching the Clock app and tap on the button labeled as Create;
- The next step will be to configure your alarm, using one or more of the 7 features available under the newly created alarm;
- Time sets the hour, with two arrows for selecting the hour and the minutes and a separate AM/PM toggle;
- Alarm Repeat sets the days of the week when you want the alarm to be active by default – manually tap on the letters representing the days or hit the Repeat Weekly box;
- Alarm Type sets the pattern – sound, vibration, a mix of the two;
- Alarm Tone sets the audio file that will be played;
- Alarm Volume sets the volume of the sound, adjustable from a dedicated slider;
- Snooze sets the repeat pattern with an interval (at every 3, 6, 16, 30 minutes) and a number of repetitions (1, 2, 3, or 6 times in a row);
- Name lets you set a personalized name for that alarm, which will be displayed on the screen the moment it starts ringing.
As far as the loud part is concerned, when the alarm app of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus starts ringing, you get to choose from:
- Turning it off – swipe the X red symbol anyway you can;
- Activating the previously selected Snooze feature – swipe the ZZ yellow symbol anyway you can.
Of course, if you haven’t configured the Snooze options when you have created the alarm, you won’t be able to use it in the morning.
One last thing we should mention, to delete an alarm already created on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, launch the Clock app and go to the Alarm menu. In there, identify the alarm from the list and touch and hold its name until you get the Delete option on the screen. Tap on it and that was all!