Users of the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus can enjoy the phone’s one hand usability. It’s a function that cleverly, helps owners operate a variety of functions with just a single hand. The display is made smaller and the controls adapted to make comfortable swiping and tapping with just one digit much easier.
It is possible for users to also adapt the input buttons, in call controls and various other tools to make one handed usage more convenient.
Turning on one-handed operation
Follow these steps to activate one handed use on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- Swipe down dragging the notification bar at the very top of the page on any screen.
- This will open up the menu bar.
- Here you can select settings.
- Find and select Advanced features.
- Select One-handed operation.
- Toggle the ON/OFF control next to Reduce screen size.
- Toggle the ON/OFF switch sitting next to the option labeled One-handed input.
Using one-handed operation
Reduce the screen size whenever you want to use the phone effectively with one hand. Follow these steps to use the Internet one handed:
- Start the Internet app and get a fresh new a webpage open.
- Tap the Home button three times in a row quickly. This will shrink the content on screen.
- The Direct Access function is switched off automatically once this is done.
- You can also move the small screen by tapping it and dragging it to one side. This can help if you are left handed.
- You can tap Return to full screen when you are done and ready to resume normal mode.
Adjusting the input methods
This is really handy if you need to do more detailed actions within different apps. Follow these steps to unlock your phone with your pin number, with one had:
- Swipe the lock screen to bring up the pin entry window.
- Tap OR to make edits to the keypad position. Move it to the area that gives you the best control with one thumb.
- This will allows you to enter the pin with one hand.