You must have found out, by now, that once an app disappears from the display of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Note 9, it isn’t automatically turned off. But just because you have multiple apps running in the background at the same time, it doesn’t mean you’re using those apps at the same time. As long as you have to switch from one app to another using the Recent Apps button or whatever other option you have at hand, you’re not getting the best of your smartphone…
That’s because the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Note 9 features an option known as the Split Screen View and Multi Window Mode. When you turn on the Multi Window and bring up the Split Screen View, you get the chance to split your screen into two parts (not necessary halves!) and look at / use two apps at the same time.
Now, there are a couple of apps that support running in the Multi Window mode and other apps that don’t. Most of the apps you use on regular basis, however, can be accessed through the Split Screen View. Here’s how to get to that part.
If you want to enable the Multi Window mode on Note 9 and Note 8:
- Start from the General Settings menu;
- Select Device;
- Tap on the Multi Window menu;
- You’ll see a toggle at the top right corner;
- Tap on it and the status of the Multi Window mode will switch from Off to On;
- Before you leave the settings, consider if you want this to be a one-time experience or if you prefer to always have this mode active;
- If you want this to be a permanent change, tick the box of the “Open in Multi Window View” option before you leave.
So far, we have covered the part with turning on the Multi Window mode. You can be sure that you did so by looking at the semi-circle that showed up at the top of the screen. As suggested above, the next step will be to bring up the Split Screen View on the display of Samsung Note 9 and Note 8.
For this purpose, tap on that grey semi-circle and you’ll see the split screen. You can launch the two apps that you want to have on the screen. And you can press, hold, and drag the circle from the middle of the screen to modify the sizes of the two windows. Go on and explore using the Samsung Note 8 and Note 9 Multi Window mode and Split Screen view.