You must have seen or heard of the Screen Mirror from other people and it’s understandable that you too want to enjoy it. Having a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 certainly comes with lots of advantages, but being able to watch videos or movies on a large screen like the one of your TV is something you just have to try.
The good news is that it is possible and that it shouldn’t be too complicated. Before we delve into the details, however, you’ll have to ask yourself a couple of things, such as:
- What kind of TV do you have? Is it a Samsung Smart TV or an older, analog TV?
- What kind of connection would you like? Do you have a Wi-Fi network so you can set up a wireless connection? Or a hard-wired connection would work better for you?
- Last but not least, are you willing to make a small investment for the accessories required to set up any of these two connections?
Before you become disappointed, allow us to specify that the first two questions are just a matter of preference. Regardless of your TV type and of your desired connection, you can use the Samsung Note 8 Screen Mirror. As for the third question, let us show you what it takes in any of the two main situations.
If you want a wired connection:
- Buy an MHL adapter, a standard HDMI cable, and IF you have an analog TV, also buy an HDMI to composite adapter;
- Connect the smartphone to the adapter – that’s the part where you’ll confirm whether you bought an adapter compatible with the phone or not;
- Plug the adapter into a power source;
- Link the adapter to the TV through the HDMI cable;
- Activate the HDMI port video display on the TV, from the TV’s settings, and you should be ready to see on the TV whatever you’ve opened on your smartphone.
If you want a wireless connection:
- Buy a standard HDMI cable and IF you have an analog TV, also buy a Samsung AllShare Hub;
- Connect the hub to the TV through the HDMI cable;
- Give both the Note 8 and the Hub access to the same Wi-Fi network;
- Unlock your smartphone and go to its general settings menu, to activate the Screen Mirroring option listed in there.
Now, are you ready to use the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 screen mirror option?