There is no doubt that the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus stands to be one of the best-selling Android devices of all times. The smartphone is smart, sleek, and fast and has a sports camera. The sports camera on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus is much better than what is offered by Apple on its iPhone. The is well on its way to being the best-selling Android smartphone of all time. It’s sleek, fast and sports a camera that’s better than anything Apple’s managed to cram into an iPhone. Unfortunately, all that hardware comes at a steep price. Buying a SIM unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus will set you back at least $800.
If you’re willing to sign a new contract with a service provider, the upfront cost of the Galaxy S8 can go down by a good amount. And then, there’s always to option to pick one up with a service provider’s installment plan. Those additional options will save you a lot of upfront cash, but the device you buy will be SIM locked to the service provider you purchased it from. That’s not a huge deal for most people, but it does come into play if you choose to switch service providers, travel internationally or if you want to get the most cash out of your phone when selling it.
The good news is that your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus can likely be SIM unlocked for free, as long as you meet your service provider’s requirements. This typically means that the device you purchased from them is paid in full or that you are at least 3-6 months into your contract and your account is in good standing.
If that’s not the case, you will likely need to purchase a Samsung Galaxy S8 SIM unlock code from a third party service like Android SIM Unlock. But we always suggest giving the free option a try before paying any money for a SIM unlock code.
Get your Samsung Galaxy S8 SIM free unlock code from service provider
Getting your free SIM unlock code for Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus from your service provider is pretty simple. As long as you meet your service provider’s requirements, you should be able to follow the steps below to SIM unlock your phone.
- Dial #06# from your phone to display the IMEI number
- Write the IMEI number on a piece of paper for easy reference
- Contacts your carrier’s customer service and ask for your Galaxy S8′s SIM unlock code
- Give the customer service rep your Galaxy S8 IMEI number to complete the SIM unlock request
- Your SIM unlock code will typically be emailed to you in 1-3 days
SIM unlock Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Remove the SIM card from the Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Insert a SIM card from another service provider into the phone
- Enter the SIM unlock code
- Congratulations, you how have a SIM unlocked Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus