The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus have been designed incorporating advanced accessibility features. As a result, those of us who are visually impaired must be considered and guided on how to use these features.
In some individuals, the full color spectrum is not visible. On ol’ peepers, the normal screen could be harsh some extent. By using magnification and color inversion features, we can all get the best use of our Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphones.
Inverting colors on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Open the Settings from the Homescreen on your smartphone
- Alternatively, open the Notification shade or the app drawer
- Click on the Accessibility settings
- Click to open Vision feature
- Click on the Switch which is next to the Negative Color. This will turn on the colors
With this last step, all the colors on your smartphone’s screen will be inverted. The white spaces will be black while the blue color at the top of the menu will turn to orange. Text will take on a white appearance. If you would like to change back so that all the colors remain as before, simply follow the steps above and click on the switch to turn the colors off.
Converting to grayscale
- Start the Settings app, the Notification shade or the app drawer
- Tap on the Accessibility option
- Click on vision
- Click on the switch which is located next to Grayscale option
Tapping on the switch will convert your smartphone to grayscale. Your screen will be simply black and white. Once again if you would like to revert the changes back to normal, simply follow the steps above and click on the aforementioned switch to turn the grayscale off.
How to perform windows magnification on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Start the Settings app on your Homescreen, the Notification Shade or the app drawer.
- Click on the Accessibility settings and choose the Vision option
- Tap on Magnifier window
- Click on the switch to turn on windows magnifier
Simply tap and drag magnifier window to slide it around your screen. If you have no use for the magnifier window, you can disable it by tapping on the X located at the window magnifier’s top right corner. The Magnifier Size is a settings option which allows you to adjust the window’s size.