If you own a Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone, or even a Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus model, think of its Home screen as to an empty page. Now imagine you can fill that page with everything that pleases you, bringing the apps and widgets as close as to only one finger tap. Or that you can organize all those app icons and widgets however you need, grouping them by specific themes and making more room on your Home screen. Now, make all of that happen.
That’s the beauty of using Samsung’s latest flagships, the instruments you have at hand are almost like never-ending. And if you want to move icons, to create folders or to adjust the Home screen on Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, that’s just a tiny thing from the immensity of things you can do on these devices.
But that’s also the one thing we’re going to focus on in this article. If you’re interested, read on and expand your knowledge. Don’t just get stuck with the same icons placed by default on your screen. Personalize everything as much as you can or want.
Adding and adjusting Home screen widgets on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- With the device turned on, go to the Home screen;
- Select an empty space on the wallpaper, press it and hold down until the icons will shrink and you’ll see a couple of options showing at the bottom of the display;
- Tap on the icon labeled as Widgets;
- From the list of widgets that will expand on the screen, select the first one that you want to add;
- Wait for it to automatically show up on the Home screen and hold on it to customize its settings or repeat the steps for adding new widgets.
Creating new folders on the Home screen on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- Again, head to the Home screen of the device;
- Choose an app and press on it;
- Hold until a menu opens at the top of the screen and drag the app to release it to the New Folder option;
- Edit the New Folder by typing in a personalized name;
- Select Done on your keyboard;
- Repeat the steps for adding other apps to this folder.
Moving and rearranging icons on the Home screen on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- Open your smartphone and browse for a particular app that you want to bring to the Home screen;
- Press and hold it, then drag it anywhere you want;
- Let it go when you’ve reached the new location and it should remain there.
These three simple steps apply to moving and adjusting icons from anywhere, the App Drawer included. Hopefully, now you know what it takes to make your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus more personalized, making it look and feel more like you, more like yours.