For those of us that recently acquired a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, you might want to know how to transfer contacts from your old device. The following steps will explain how you can transferor import contacts on to your Galaxy S8 from your old device.
It is a pretty easy exercise given that your old Android device and the new Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus are running on the same operating system.
How to import/transfer contacts on Galaxy S8 from another Android device
- Download and then install the Samsung Smart Switch on both devices
- After the app is installed from Google Play Store, open the app on both devices.
- Choose the data you want to transfer to your new Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus ( In this case you select on “Contacts”)
- Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer contacts on to your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
- Use the “Wi-Fi Direct” procedure to import the contacts quickly.
- In a few minutes all of your contacts will be imported on to your new Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.