Using apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat or YouTube is taking you ages? Your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is a powerful enough device to spare you from such issues and still, here you are, looking for some internet slow speed tips and tricks.
We have a couple of solutions for you, but before we move on to that part, let us mention some potential causes. Many of our readers have come to fix this problem without having to deal with the more serious troubleshooting options, just by looking into the following list.
Most common slow internet speed causes on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Signal strength – low, poor, call it anyway but unless you have the appropriate signal strength, you can’t have a decent navigational experience;
- Wi-Fi network – if it’s a poor wireless network you are connected to, again, the result might be frustrating, so, try another one if you have the chance;
- The website is dealing with a traffic spike and its resources are exceeded – trying to access that website on different moments in time could give you better clues if that’s the case;
- The network itself may suffer a congestion – you can test if the number of network users is to blame by connecting to another network or by connecting at different times of the day or night;
- Too many apps are running in the background of your smartphone – turn off the recently opened apps and see how it goes;
- The device memory is too low – clear up some space and see if there’s any change;
- The internet cache is full or corrupted – clear the cache of the internet browsing app and the speed might improve;
- You’re using an outdated firmware version – if you have blocked your smartphone from manually updating the OS, check for the latest firmware and install it as soon as possible;
- The internet browser has an outdated software – check the Play Store to see if there’s any new update available for it;
- The Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus has reached or exceeded the data speed limit – check your mobile data settings or switch from mobile data to Wi-Fi and notice the differences.
In the unfortunate event that none of the above causes and fast fixes improved your internet speed, you can try the following top 3 advanced solutions:
#1 – Wipe the cache partition
This action will only target the cache memory, which means that all your data is safe and none of your messages, photos, videos, or anything else stored on the phone will be affected. Follow the detailed instructions from this guide and discover how to clear the phone cache on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
If this didn’t fix your issue, the next step might seem a bit easier, though, it is often overlooked by many users.
#2 – Test the internet speed from the mobile data
As long as you are far from reaching your mobile data limit, it is best to test the internet speed with the Wi-Fi turned Off. That way, you prevent the smartphone from trying to pick up any weak wireless signal detected in the nearby and thus affecting the quality of your navigational speed.
Just navigate to Settings and find the Wi-Fi menu under Connections. Tap its slider to switch it to Off.
#3 – Get technical help
The entire above is everything you can do on your own to fix the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus slow internet speed. The last option is to make sure that you take it to an authorized service, where a specialist can sort things out or simply tell you that you need to change some hardware to fix it.