If you’re dealing with a slow internet speed on Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, you will notice it pretty fast. But noticing is one thing and actually fixing it is a completely different thing. Are you tired of waiting for your Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat or WhatsApp content to load? Sick of looking at broken image icons as it takes too long to properly load those images? You have a very annoying problem and we’re here to help with fixing slow Interest speed on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus …
Know The Most Common Reasons Why The Internet Is Slow on Galaxy S9 Or Galaxy S9 Plus
This isn’t just for your information. As you will discover after browsing the list of common reasons from below, some probable causes can suggest a simple fix. You may know the answers yourself or, in any case, know someone who could answer those questions for you. Knowing in what direction to investigate or at least what questions to ask the pros will certainly help you. In a nutshell the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus slow Internet speed can be:
- A poor or low signal strength – is there any way you can enhance or extend the internet signal coming to your smartphone?
- A poor Wi-Fi network – is there any action you can take to consolidate your wireless network or to rule out other people connecting to it and taking up from your traffic channel?
- Too many users online at that time – perhaps you could wait and try to access that particular website at a different time, when the traffic won’t be too heavy?
- Too many users connected at the same network – especially if it’s a public network, could you wait for a different time, when fewer people are connected to it, and check your internet speed under the new circumstances, at least just for comparison?
- Too many apps running in the background – have you opened apps and neglected to turn them off for good? Do you have permissions in place that allow apps to scan for updates in the background? How can you prevent these apps from taking your smartphone’s resources without you even knowing it?
- Insufficient memory on your device – when was the last time that you’ve cleaned up your smartphone from unnecessary stored items? Can you uninstall certain apps or delete old photos and music, perhaps even email attachments?
- Corrupted or simply full internet cache – do you know how to get to the Application Manager, from your phone’s settings, to force stop your internet browser and then to clear its cache and data?
- Old browser version – have you recently updated your internet browser version? Would you consider performing a software update for this particular app?
- Old firmware version – is your smartphone set to search for software updates by default or it requires permissions? Have you recently checked if there’s any new firmware update available?
- Data speed has reached its limit – have you talked to your internet provider and asked about your mobile data plan and its limitations?
If you’ve personally checked each of these probable causes, tried to interfere and fix it but without success, check our solutions from below.
Know Your Most Common Solutions For The Slow Internet Speed On Galaxy S9 Or Galaxy S9 Plus
First of all, try to set the problem into a context. Is this happening only when you’re using the Wi-Fi, only when you’re using the mobile data, or it doesn’t really matter the type of network? From where we stand, it’s possible that this manifests mostly on the Wi-Fi. Chances are that the phone is picking up a remote, weak signal, and tries to stick to it. Go to the Settings menu, at the Connections tab, select the Wi-Fi and turn it off from its toggle. See if the slow internet problem persists. And if it does…
You can secondly try to wipe the cache partition, after booting into Recovery Mode. This action is for the cache memory alone, the type of memory storing temporary information, which won’t affect the photos, videos, the personal messages or files that you have saved on the smartphone. Learn how to clear the phone cache for Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, put it into practice, and see how it goes.
The last thing you can try, in case that not even wiping the cache helped, is to take your device back to the store from where you bought it. A physical checkup, performed by a Samsung technician, could reveal more subtle reasons for the slow internet speed on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.