Setting an emergency contact on Note 9 and Note 8 will allow you to access and call that contact from any screen, including the lock screen.
You can set several different emergency contacts on your smartphone. This feature can come in useful in the event that you would like to easily and instantly engage in a phone call with a friend or loved one.
This is, however, a two-step process, that would imply:
- Saving chosen contacts in the ICE contact group of your Galaxy Note 8 or Note 9.
- Selecting to enable the Emergency Contact calling from the Lock Screen on your device.
- While viewing your Home Screen, open the Append;
- Now, open Contacts;
- Select the Groups option. It should be located at the top of the screen;
- This will open a list of active contact groups. You can now select the ICE group option;
- Tap Edit;
- Add all of your emergency contacts to this list. Your contact will have to be on the list in order to enable instant emergency calling to them;
- When you have entered all desired contacts, click save to save the list.
- Press the lock button to lock your Note 8 or Note 9 device;
- Tap the home button to open the Lock Screen. You should not unlock your phone.
- Press and hold the phone button in the bottom of your screen;
- Carefully drag the icon to the centre of the screen;
- Now, Click the Emergency option that will appear; you can now select up to three of the contacts from your ICE group to add to this list. You will be able to call these contacts from your home screen without unlocking your Note 8 device;
- Click the “+” symbol after each contact is added in order to begin adding a new contact.
These few simple steps are all you have to do in order to enable contact calling from your lock screen. If in some case you lose your Note 8 or Note 9, this feature could be incredibly useful. The person who finds your phone will be able to access your emergency contacts and locate you to return your phone.