For those that own the new Samsung smartphone may have thought about switching from Bixby to OK Google as their main voice assistant. One issue that some people have reported is that OK Google not working on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus. The main reason that this is happening to some users is because they haven’t enabled OK Google yet, thus some causing people to think Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus OK Google not working.
But don’t worry, below we’ll explain how you can adjust the settings on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus so that OK Google will work correctly without any problems. Just follow the steps below.
Fixing “OK Google” not working on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Turn on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Open the Google app
- From the top left area of the app, tap on the 3-bar icon that will bring you to the menu
- Tap on Settings
- Browse and select on Voice
- Select on the “OK Google” Detection button
- Find both the “From any screen” and “From Google Search App” options
- Switch these options to ON
- Now go back to the Voice sub-menu
- Make sure that the Language option is set to English (US)
- Exit the menu and begin using Ok Google voice command
After you’ve read these instructions you should not have any problems using OK Google on Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.