You should be careful when you need to transmit your SMS from one phone to another brand new Samsung Galaxy S8 because they may get deleted automatically over time. This is because you may have the following setting turned on your Samsung Galaxy S8 of “Delete old messages”. You can keep the older SMS messages by disabling the option of the settings on your Samsung Galaxy S8. Take a look at the guide below in order to learn how you can do this.
Phone Deletes Messages Automatically On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Open the home screen, then the apps menu, then the Settings, then Applications, and lastly messages.
- You should then notice the Samsung Galaxy S8 is on the special message setting.
- Click the More Settings option and then navigate to the submenu.
- You should then switch and turn off the next entry of “Delete old messages”.
- Once this option is turned off, you will no longer have SMS messages deleted from the smartphone when you have reached the maximum number of a thousand.
We hope you have now learned how you can prevent losing valuable SMS message on your Samsung Galaxy S8 and keep the collection.