The different modes that a Samsung Galaxy S8 or a Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus encompasses are represented by a series of predefined features and options designed to help you in a particular direction. When it comes to the Private Mode, as opposed to all the other running modes you must have heard of by now, the principles are simple.
The Private Mode comes with predefined options that help you contain a specific storage space from your smartphone while offering enhanced protection. In case you already know that creating a Secure Folder when running the Private Mode requires using a dedicated Pin code – a password – you must be asking yourself – “what’s the difference?“.
You’re used with setting up passwords even just for accessing the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus. Why would you create a separate folder and set up a new password for it? To put it simple, the Private Mode doesn’t just lock your folder. It makes it vanish so that nobody will be able to see the Secure Folder and know that you have content hidden in it.
Confused? Here are the simple facts:
- You activate the Private Mode from the settings;
- You set up your Pin code the first time when you use this mode;
- You move your pictures or any other files to the secure folder;
- You deactivate the Private Mode, from the same settings;
- And the folder with your photographs, though still on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus, will no longer be visible;
- Only those who activate the Private Mode and know what Pin code to insert – the code you have initially selected – will be able to see and then access your private secure folder!
The Private Mode has its own dedicated icon within the Quick Settings menu. Whether you want to activate or to deactivate it, all you have to do is to:
- Go to the Home screen;
- Use two fingers and swipe down from the top of the screen;
- When the Quick Settings menu with all its icons opens up, identify the Private Mode icon;
- Tap on it once to activate it and do your work;
- Tap on it once again when you’ve finished, to return to the normal mode.
When you’re running on the Private Mode, to move a photo or more photos to the newly created secure folder, you just need to:
- Navigate to the photo you want to protect;
- Open it;
- Tap the menu button;
- Select the “Move to Private” option.
That’s all it takes! No third-party apps to install, no actions more complicated than navigating through menus and selecting a photo or ticking a box. Once you do the entire above, the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus will keep your most important files – not necessarily just photos – in a hidden place that only you can make it visible, with the right password.