Private Notifications are a special option of the Preview Messages feature. From a first glance, it looks like an interesting and useful feature that often comes into play when Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus users start having privacy concerns.
Those who enjoyed the opportunity of getting to see who and what texted them without having to unlock the device and going to the Messages app don’t need much time to realize that other people could also see the content of the notifications that they receive.
If you too want to avoid that, you can enable the private notifications and disable the preview messages. In today’s article, we’ll walk you through the latter.
How to get rid of the message preview on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus:
- First, turn on the smartphone whose settings you’re planning to adjust;
- Then, prepare to access the general Settings of the device;
- Head to the Home screen and use one finger to swipe downward right from the top of the display;
- Tap on the small gear icon to make it to the Settings extended menu;
- In there, browse until you find the Applications menu;
- Select the Messages sub-menu;
- Identify the Preview Message option;
- Inside that option window, two options labeled as Status Bar and Lock Screen will be listed, each one with a checkbox associated to it;
- Uncheck the boxes of the options where you DON’T want to see the message preview!
Now leave the menus and expect for the first message to make it to your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. Depending on what option you have deactivated, the preview of your incoming message will no longer be displayed on the Lock screen or on the Home screen.
Some users prefer to keep a preview on the Home screen, meaning that nobody will be able to spot the notification before they unlock the screen and they can choose when and where to do so. Alternatively, some users disable both message preview options and activate, instead, the simple private notifications feature of Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus.