Your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus can ring and vibrate once you receive a message. If you’re not there to open it right away, and the screen is locked, you’re also getting that LED flashing until you read your notifications. But to top it off, Samsung also introduced the notifications preview on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
That’s the reason why, whenever you receive a text message, you get to see a preview of it. This preview will normally show up on the lock screen (in case that the device was locked at that time), but also on the home screen (in case you’re keeping your phone unlocked).
To how extent is this feature really useful, it’s not our place to discuss it. Some people love the opportunity of this heads-up regarding the sender and the content of the message. Others don’t appreciate that the people from the nearby could take a peek at those details.
Like we said, we’re not here to rule on that matter, but simply to let you know that you can disable these private notifications on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus if you want!
To Control Enable Or Disable Message Preview On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus…
- Use the unlock code to get to the main screen of your smartphone;
- Swipe down from top to bottom, to extend the Notification Drawer;
- Select the gear icon and launch the Settings of the Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus;
- Browse for the menu labeled as Applications and open it;
- From there, select the Messages app;
- Tap on the Notifications feature associated with the Messages app;
- Find the Preview Message dedicated section available underneath the Notifications feature;
- As you’ll instantly notice, you have two options underneath the Preview Message itself:
- Lock Screen;
- Status Bar;
- Each of them has a box next to it and, by default, both options are checked (meaning enabled, active);
- Uncheck the boxes of the options you wish to disable or check them back is you disabled one option by mistake;
- Leave the Settings when you’re sure you’ve set the Preview Message options the right way.
Obviously, if you disabled the Lock Screen option, from now on, you will only be able to see previews of your messages on Status Bar of Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus. If you did the opposite, you’ll only get to see it on the Lock Screen. It goes without saying that nothing will stop you from enabling both options or disabling them both!