Have you managed to solve one particular Samsung Galaxy S9 issue only to bump into a new one? Does this new problem with Messages app on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus? We’ve heard that too, unfortunately for too many times.
Some users can’t seem to be able to send picture messages while others are having troubles with text messages alone, either with sending or with receiving. And right when you think you’ve heard them all, you can even discover that the device doesn’t automatically space out the words when you type.
We know, these are problems you just can’t stand and, coming up next, we’ll show you how to tackle them. The solution is simple and relatively general, in the sense that it’s been known to work with many other issues. Long story short, you would have to clear the cache and the data of the Messages app on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
Bear in mind that we keep referring to the Messages app in this tutorial because the instructions are, indeed, targeting the built-in texting app. If you’ve ditched the Samsung stock Messages app for a third-party alternative, you’ll need a lot more than to reset it to the default settings.
Here’s How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S9 Texting Problems:
- Go to the main panel of the Home Screen, where you have the Apps icon;
- Open the Apps menu and select the Settings tab;
- Go to Applications, at the Application Manager;
- Swipe to get to the All tab, where all the apps from the Galaxy S9 are listed;
- Touch the keyboard that you are currently using and having problems with;
- Use the Force Close button;
- Then, go to Storage and tap on Clear cache and confirm with the Delete button;
- Next, select Clear Data and hit the Delete button.
When you leave the settings and you return to the Messages app, you can try to write a text. This time, the keyboard should work as expected. And if you’re still having issues with the actual messaging app, repeat the steps from above, but for that app. Clearing the cache and data of the Samsung device messages app should also help fix texting problems on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus!